Kohler | Dual Flush Retrofit Compatibility
Kohler is the largest toilet supplier in the US with over 40 different toilet models. They have produced many hundreds more over the years, all with varying tank dimensions and hardware standards. Most of the higher profile tank models can be retrofitted with a dual flush kit, but some of the compact models may not have enough space or height inside the tank.
In determining whether a dual flush kit will fit a given model and which kit to select, the overall tank dimensions, drain size and cutout for the flush handle or push button actuator need to be measured.
See our DIY Install tab for much more detail on toilet types, kit selection and dual flush kit installation.
A legacy in the making
The company’s founder, John Michael Kohler, was an Austrian immigrant, a businessman and a visionary. In 1873 he purchased a foundry in rural Wisconsin that produced a variety of cast-iron and steel products.
Ten years later, Kohler took a product in his line, heated it to 1700°F and sprinkled it with enamel powder. Placing a picture of it in the center of his one-page catalog, he called it “a horse trough/hog scalder . . . when furnished with four legs will serve as a bathtub.” Kohler was now in the plumbing business.
It’s all about gracious living
From those humble beginnings, the company has grown into a global family of brands that lead the way to enhance the customers’ sense of gracious living.
Kohler have the mission of contributing to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by their products and services.
Gracious living is marked by qualities of charm, good taste and generosity of spirit. It is further characterized by self-fulfillment and the enhancement of nature.
They reflect this mission in their work, in their methodical approach to meeting objectives and in each of the products and services they provide their customers.
Commitment to conservation
Working towards sustainability is an ongoing journey for Kohler by committing to a philosophy of environmental, social and economic responsibility in which all three elements work together and benefit one another. To help achieve these goals, they have focused on three core strategies:
Environmental Footprint –
Reducing their carbon and industrial-waste footprint each year to achieve a net zero environmental footprint by 2035.
Inspiring customers across the globe to integrate sustainability at work and in their homes and communities.
Product Innovation –
We’ve created a framework to view and measure our product development through the lens of sustainability, without sacrificing our design.
Here are some recent examples of these strategies at work:
• Their Texas plant installed more efficient lighting and kilns to save 7,555,000 kW hours of energy which is enough to power over 100,000 laptops for a year.
Save Water America
• At events across the country and online at SaveWaterAmerica.com, they have raised water-conservation awareness and helped people take action to save water at home.
• Redesigning toilet seat packaging resulted in a weight reduction of 308,000 pounds shipped each year.
• Five North American potteries and one foundry recycled 195,000 tons of material in five years, eliminating fired pottery cull in landfills.
• Kohler’s Environmental, Health and Safety building received Silver LEED certification and uses 50% less water with KOHLER® water-saving products.
Proximity Hotel – North Carolina
• With KOHLER® water-saving products, this LEED Platinum AAA Four Diamond hotel saved more than 2 million gallons of water in its first year.